There are various criteria established by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) for eligibility to appear in the exams for CDS (Combined Defence Services). These comprise of parameters like age, education qualification, and nationality.
The CDS Exams are scheduled twice in a year called CDS 1 & 2. We recommend that you start preparing for written examination, physical fitness and SSB at least one year in advance to achieve success and be on high order of merit. For detailed guidance, you may visit KDA at your convenience. Our aim is to ensure maximum talented youth to join Armed Forces with ease to serve the Nation.
Written Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year, generally in Feb and Nov of each year for courses commencing in Jan and July in succeeding year respectively. The UPSC conducts combined Examination for following entries:
- Indian Naval Academy
- Air Force Academy
- Officers Training Academy for (Men/Women)
Conduct of Examination
1. CDS 1 – February each year
2. CDS 2 – November each year
CDS 1 exams are conducted for the course which begins in January each year and CDS 2 for the course beginning in July each year.
Note: There may be variations in QR. You must go through the advertisement published by UPSC at the time of declaring dates for filling up application forms.
|Courses||Age Limit||Qualification||Marital Status|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19 – 24 years||Recognized University Degree or equivalent qualification||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19 – 24 years||Engineering Degree from a recognized Institute||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||20 – 24 years||Recognized University Degree (with Mathematics and Physics in Class XII) or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering||Unmarried|
|Officers’ Training Academy (OTA – Men)||19 – 25 years||Recognized University Degree or equivalent qualification||Both Unmarried and Married|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical)||19 – 25 years||Recognized University Degree or equivalent qualification||Unmarried, Widow and Divorcee|
Candidates must fulfill the following norms:
1. Candidates must be physically fit as per the defined standards of UPSC.
2. Candidates must have a good physical and mental health and there should be no disability or deformity that may affect the ability or efficiency to perform their duty.
3. There should be no physical weaknesses or limitations. Weight should be within the defined range.
4. The minimum required heights for males are 157.5 cm for Army, 162.5 cm for Air Force, and 157 cm for Navy. The minimum acceptable height for women candidates is 152 cm for all the forces.
5. There’s an exception to the clause of required height. The candidates who belong to the North-Eastern region, generally from the Garhwali and Gorkha tribes, are given a slackening of 5 cm in height. And those who come from Lakshadweep get a relaxation for 2 cm of height.
6. No woman who is detected with pregnancy during the course of selection or training would be considered admissible and would be debarred from the entrance process.
7. Candidates should have adequately amassed structure of teeth with a minimum of 14 dental points (A fuller 32 teeth jaw is measured to have 22 dental point).
8. Eyes – You are advised to go through detailed examinations and tests under team of commissioned offices and ophthalmologists to rule out any chance of eye defect or disease. This is to make sure that the candidate can see all the colours and has an upright binocular vision. The idea here is to see if they can recognize all the colours.
9. Knock Knee, flat foot, heart murmur, vax in ear, bend elbows are some of the common problems. You may therefore undergo medical test at your convenience.
|Date of Next Batch|
Let's Make It Big
Submit your details below:
About Kargil Defence Academy
AIM of Kargil Defence Academy is to train and motivate youths to join Defence Forces as an Officer. Armed Forces have shortage of more than 13000 Officers and Kargil Defence Academy is trying its best to contribute to overcome this deficiency by providing selfless service. It is a registered education institute by Registrar Sansthan, Jaipur. On a popular demand, KDA has also started courses and training for soldiers in all three services.
WE STAND FOR
VOLUNTARY, non-political, educational movement for young people, open to all without distinction of origin, race or creed.
OUR QUALITY is being monitored by highly battle experienced team of Officers consisting of Ex-GTO, Trained Psychologist and Interviewing Officer.
LIVE EXPOSURE provided by the academy to train candidates for Officers’ cadre in both Written and SSB interviews as well as to join any Corporate Sector.
Disclaimer:Kargil Defence Academy is located in Jaipur only. Beware of institutions defaming the name of this prestigious institution in other parts of the country.
Our Team of Experts Have Proved It Once Again That We Are The Best!
Warmest Congratulations to Puranjay Singh Nirwan on His Achievement.
Your Hard Work Has Finally Paid.