The Indian Coast Guard conducts training round-the-year at sea. It has the ability to work on the surface and in the air even though it is a small workforce.
The organization is located at New Delhi with its Head Office. At CGHQ, s/he is assisted by four Deputy Director Generals of the rank of Inspector General, and other senior officers heading various staff divisions.
For effective command and control, it is divided into five regions namely North-West, West, East, North-East and Andaman & Nicobar with their respective Regional Headquarters located at Gandhi Nagar, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Port Blair. These regions are commanded by Inspector General Rank Officers.
Excellent opportunity for men and women to become Officers with Indian Coast Guard
- The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging and inspiring career as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer.
- Registration and Preliminary selection are carried out on the spot at the following venues:
Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony, Mumbai-400030
Indian Coast Guard Distt. HQs No 5 GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai-13
Indian Coast Guard Air Squadron-700, Naval Transmitting Station, Military Camp, Bagjola, Private Road, Kolkata- 74
Indian Coast Guard Selection Board, A-1, Sector -24, Noida, Opposite HCL Technologies, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, UP-201301
Eligibility (Coast Guard)
Indian Citizens having the following qualifications can appear for registration and Preliminary selection.
|Assistant Commandant General Duty||Bachelor’s degree with 60% marks in aggregate of a university recognized by the Central/State Govt./UGC with Maths & Physics as subjects up to 12th Std of 10+2+3 scheme of education||Male||21-25 Yrs||157 Cms|
|Assistant Commandant General Duty (Pilot/Navigator)||B.Sc with Maths & Physics and 55% marks in aggregate||Male||19-27 Yrs||162.5 – 197 Cms|
|Assistant Commandant (Commercial Pilot license) for short Service Appointment As helicopter and Fixed-wing Pilots for a period of 08 Years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years||12th class passed or equivalent with 60% marks and should possess current/valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) on the date of selection.||Male
|19-27 Years||162.5 – 197 Cms|
|Assistant commandant General Duty (Women) for short service appointment for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.||Bachelor’s degree with 60% marks in aggregate of a university recognized by the Central/State Govt./UGC with Maths & Physics as subjects up to 12th Std of 10+2+3 scheme of education||Female (Unmarried)||21-25 Yrs||157 Cms|
|Assistant Commandant Technical (Mechanical & Aeronautical)||Degree with 60% marks in aggregate in Naval architecture/Mechanical/Marine/Design/ Production/Aeronautical Engineering.||Male||21-30 Yrs||157 Cms|
*(55% in aggregate for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders and sports person of National level)
- Candidates to choose any one venue out of the four. Any candidate if found appearing in two venues will be disqualified from both.
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy cannot appear for the Pilot branch, however, may apply for Navigator (Observer).
- The upper age limit for OBC/SC/ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Candidates can appear for one branch only.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Registration is carried out on the spot at the venues.
- Eligible candidates will appear in Preliminary Selection on the same day which will consist of Mental Ability Test (MAT). All candidates clearing MAT will undergo PP & DT (Picture Perception and Discussion Test). Qualified candidates of Preliminary selection will fill applications and PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire) for the final selection board (FSB) prior to leaving the venue.
- The date and venue to FSB will be intimated to candidates and will also be uploaded on the Indian Coast Guards Website www.indiancoastgaurd.nic.in. The final selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality Test).
- All selected candidates will undergo Medical examination at the nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (P/N) and CPL will undergo medical AFCME, Delhi/Bengaluru.
- GD (P/N) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT at Dehradun/Mysore AFSSBs/ Those already qualified PABT is to provide details of the batch, chest number and place while filling PIQ.
Documents for registration:
Candidates are required to appear at the venue with the following documents:
- Two copies of the pre-filled application for registration.
- Original certificate of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Mark sheet and certificates of 10+2 examination.
- Original certificate and Mark sheets (all semesters and years) of BE/ B Tech/Graduation as the case may be.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card, or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt. of India format.
- Character certificate.
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs.
- Current and valid Commercial Pilot License (approved by DGCA) in the original.
Merit List: Qualifying at the FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared for every branch on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB. Those high in the merit list and who are stipulated vacancies and are medically fit are issued with an appointment letter and joining instruction for training.
The officers of all branches including GD branch undergo Naval Orientation Course at INA, Ezhimala in Kerala for 22 weeks. On successful completion, the officers depending upon their branch are deputed to various training establishments. Similarly, the Navik and Yantriks are on successful completion of training at INS Chilka are deputed for the various course to training establishments and ships. Training in Coast Guard is an area of focus where the best of the training practices are applied.
|Date of Next Batch|
Let's Make It Big
Submit your details below:
About Kargil Defence Academy
AIM of Kargil Defence Academy is to train and motivate youths to join Defence Forces as an Officer. Armed Forces have shortage of more than 13000 Officers and Kargil Defence Academy is trying its best to contribute to overcome this deficiency by providing selfless service. It is a registered education institute by Registrar Sansthan, Jaipur. On a popular demand, KDA has also started courses and training for soldiers in all three services.
WE STAND FOR
VOLUNTARY, non-political, educational movement for young people, open to all without distinction of origin, race or creed.
OUR QUALITY is being monitored by highly battle experienced team of Officers consisting of Ex-GTO, Trained Psychologist and Interviewing Officer.
LIVE EXPOSURE provided by the academy to train candidates for Officers’ cadre in both Written and SSB interviews as well as to join any Corporate Sector.